Three Cheese Macaroni & Cheese with Country Smoked Bacon
- 1 (8-oz) package macaroni, cooked al dente, according to package directions
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tsp butter
- 1 jar (15-16-oz) Alfredo sauce
- 1/3 cup Velveeta cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4-6 strips smoked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pour the hot pasta into a large mixing bowl. Add the salt, pepper, and butter and stir until the butter melts. Add the Alfredo sauce, Velveeta, mozzarella, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese; stir well. Pour the mixture into a large casserole dish and set a timer for 25 minutes.
- While the mac and cheese is baking, render the bacon until crisp in a skillet over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- At the end of the 25 minutes, remove the mac and cheese from the oven and top with the crumbled bacon and 1/4 cup cheddar. Preheat the oven broiler and broil the dish for 10-20 seconds, or until the cheese melts. Serve hot.