- 3/4 lb thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 lb dried pinto beans
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook the bacon over medium heat in a medium-size skillet. When the bacon begins to brown, add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Place the beans into the slow cooker with the water, bacon, and onion. Cover and set the slow cooker on high for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Combine the molasses, ketchup, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- After 3 hours add the sauce and stir to combine. Cover and let the beans cook an additional hour.
This recipe is prepared using the Ninja 3-in-1 6-Qt Nonstick Cooking System with Cookbook and Accessories (K39754).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.