Nana's ''Nanner'' Pudding
- 3 (3.4-oz) packages vanilla instant pudding
- 4-3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (8-oz) carton sour cream
- 1 (8-oz) container whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 (12-oz) box vanilla wafer cookies
- 9 or 10 bananas, sliced
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Mix the pudding and milk according to the package directions and then add the vanilla.
- Fold in the sour cream, 4 oz of whipped topping, and 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts. Refrigerate until the pudding is set or is needed. (You can prepare the pudding up to two days ahead of time.)
- Combine the lemon juice with the banana slices in a medium-size bowl; set aside.
- In large bowl or casserole dish, alternate layers of wafers, bananas, and pudding mix, ending with the pudding.
- Dollop the remaining whipped topping on top followed by 6 or 7 crushed wafers and the remaining chopped walnuts. Refrigerate until set.