Grilled Peach & Arugula Salad
- Grilled peaches add a bright touch to your greens & give you a new excuse to fire things up.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 24 peach slices, peeled
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 oz roasted, salted Marcona almonds, divided
- 4 oz goat cheese log
- 5 oz baby arugula
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- To start the salad, spray peach slices with nonstick spray. Heat your grill. Once hot, quickly grill the peach slices and reserve.
- To prepare the dressing, place the shallots, vinegar, juices, zests, and honey in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the oil, then the chives, salt, and pepper.
- To prepare the remainder of the salad, add the tomatoes and onions into a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Take 2 Tbsp of the dressing and stir in. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse half of the almonds until chopped (or crush them with your knife, chopping until coarse). Pour the chopped almonds onto a small plate. Roll the outside of the goat cheese log over the almonds until coated. Cut into 4 evenly sliced rounds.
- To assemble the salad, arrange the peach slices in a pinwheel fashion on plates. Spoon some of the dressing over the peach slices. Place the arugula in a mixing bowl and add enough dressing just to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Put an even amount of the salad in the center of the peach slices. Top with a spoonful of the tomato-onion mixture. Lean a slice of the goat cheese onto the salad. Sprinkle a few of the whole almonds around each salad.