David's Baked Corn Casserole
- 1 box corn muffin mix
- 1 (14-oz) can creamed corn
- 2 cups fresh corn, cut from the cob OR 1 (14-oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup red peppers, diced (optional garnish)
- 1/2 cup green peppers, diced (optional garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 3-qt casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the mix, cream corn, corn kernels, butter, sour cream and the egg in a medium-size bowl and mix thoroughly. Pour the batter into the prepared dish.
- Cover and bake for 55-60 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes, or until the top is crusty and golden brown. Serves 6.