Cookie Dough Milkshake
- Homemade frozen yogurt makes for a memorable milkshake. Greek yogurt & almond flour are smart substitutes in our cookie dough variety.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 4 oz butter, softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 pinch baking soda, about half of 1/8 tsp
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 cups vanilla-flavored almond milk
- To prepare the cookie dough frozen yogurt, use a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and salt on medium speed until
smooth. Add the almond flour. Mix on medium speed until a dough forms, then stir in
both chips on low speed.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the dough mixture and set aside.
- Add Greek yogurt to the dough still in the stand mixer bowl, combing thoroughly on medium
speed. Put the mixture into a metal loaf pan, or similarly sized container, and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- To prepare the cookie dough topping, start by preheating the oven to 350°F. Mix the reserved dough with baking soda in a small bowl. Roll into large, marble-size balls and place onto a nonstick cookie sheet. Bake for 10–15 minutes, until the edges start to brown. Remove from the oven and cool.
- To prepare the milkshake, scoop the frozen yogurt into a blender. Add the peanut butter and almond milk. Purée until smooth. Pour into glasses and top with crumbled cookies, or eat them alongside.