Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- 1 (11-oz) package baby spinach
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 (8-oz) package button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled; 3 Tbsp drippings reserved
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano shavings
- Toss the spinach, red onion, mushrooms, and cranberries together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the bacon drippings, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and basil in a saucepan over low heat. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the warm dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Add the crumbled bacon and eggs. Top with the Pecorino shavings before serving.