Southern Carrot & Golden Raisin Salad
- Carrots & raisins really do mix! Sit down at the picnic table & serve this
unique, yet classic southern combination.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1/3 cup sweet Marsala wine
1 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup pine nuts
2 cups mayonnaise
3/4 cup duck sauce
2 tsp cider vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
2.5 lbs carrots, peeled and shredded, or julienned
1/2 cup fresh pineapple, small dice
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
Bib lettuce (for serving)
- In a small saucepot, simmer the wine, raisins, and pine nuts on low for about 5 minutes, until raisins are plump and wine is slightly reduced.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, duck sauce, vinegar, and lemon juice. Add in the prepared raisins and pine nuts, carrots, pineapple, salt, and pepper. Mix together gently.
- Serve chilled on a bed of bib lettuce.