- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 6 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves (romaine or green leaf)
- 8 thin slices tomato
- 16 thin-sliced deli roast beef (approx. 1/2 lb)
- 4 slices horseradish-cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- Sandwich toothpicks
- Combine the mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Spread about 1-1/2 Tbsp of the mixture over one side of each slice of bread. Place one lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices, 4 slices roast beef, 1 cheddar slice, and 3 slices of bacon on top of two slices of the prepared bread. Place two more prepared slices of bread, mayonnaise-side down, on top of each sandwich. Top both of the sandwiches with another 1 lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices, 4 slices roast beef, 1 slice cheddar, and 3 slices of bacon. Top each sandwich again with the remaining bread slices, mayonnaise-side down.
- Pierce the sandwiches with toothpicks along each side of the bread, creating a cross shape. Slice the sandwich diagonally from corner to corner, creating 4 triangles.
This recipe is prepared using the Technique® 7-Piece Knife Block Set (K39858).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.