Old-Fashioned Holiday Cheese Straws
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1-1/2 cups room-temperature smoked Gouda cheese, finely shredded
- 1-1/2 cups room-temperature sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly spray a parchment-lined cookie sheet with baking spray.
- Combine the butter and cheese in a large bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon (or better yet, your hands!). Add the flour, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and cream. Mix well to combine. Place the dough in a piping bag.
- Pipe the dough into 3'' strips and bake the straws for 11-14 minutes until lightly colored. Remove the straws from the oven and place on wire racks to cool. Makes approximately 30-35 cheese straws.