Chocolate Tuxedo Strawberries
- Celebrate award season or special occasions with dressed-up & absolutely delicious strawberries.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 10 oz white chocolate
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 12–14 large strawberries
- Melt both chocolates separately in individual double boilers.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Holding the stem, dip each strawberry into the white chocolate about 3/4 of the way up
(this forms the tuxedo shirt). Let the excess chocolate fall off and place on the baking sheet.
When all strawberries are dipped in the white chocolate, refrigerate until the chocolate has set.
- Dip one side of the strawberry into the semi-sweet chocolate, from the small tip of the
strawberry to the top of the white chocolate. Repeat on the other side, leaving a white V-shape in
the center. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries. Refrigerate until
the chocolate has set.
- Using a small pastry bag filled with semi-sweet chocolate and fitted with a small round pastry
tip, pipe a bow tie at the top of the white chocolate and 3 buttons below the tie. Refrigerate until the
chocolate has set.