Chocolate Cream Cheese Brownies
- 6 oz milk chocolate
- 5 Tbsp margarine
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup crushed chocolate-covered pretzels
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional garnish)
- Chocolate sauce (optional garnish)
Cream Cheese Topping:
- 2 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8'' x 8'' (or larger) cake pan and sprinkle it with cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Put the chocolate and margarine in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 15 seconds and stir. Pour out any melted chocolate and microwave again until all the chocolate has melted; set aside.
- Combine the sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the melted chocolate, followed by the flour and cocoa powder. Add the almonds, chocolate chips, and pretzels and mix until fully incorporated. Spread the mixture into the prepared dish.
- To prepare the topping, combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and flour in a medium-size bowl and mix until fully incorporated. Pour the topping over the brownie mixture and use a knife to swirl it into the brownies. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the center is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve the brownies warm with whipped cream or a dollop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce, if desired.