Chocolate Cream Cheese Bread Pudding
- 10-12 day-old croissants, cut into 1-1/2'' pieces
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups half-and-half
- 10 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Lightly grease a 9'' x 13'' baking dish. Set aside.
- Place the croissant pieces in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the butter, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and half-and-half together in a small bowl until well mixed. Pour the liquid mixture over the croissant pieces and gently toss. Add the cream cheese cubes and chocolate chips and toss again until evenly incorporated.
- Spoon the bread pudding mixture into the prepared baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until light golden brown on top and just slightly crispy.