Bunny Bum Cupcakes
Makes 12 Cupcakes
- These are adorable, edible Easter decorations! Make them the centerpiece on your table, stage on a drinks/dessert table, or even make them place settings.
This recipe is prepared with the Mrs. Fields Cool Bake All-in-One Baking Sheet (K39695).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 (15.25-oz) box white cake mix, baked into 12 cupcakes according to package directions
- 1/2 (16-oz) jar chocolate frosting
- 1/3 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 (16-oz) bag white candy melts
- Red gel food coloring
- 12 plain donut holes
- 12 mini marshmallows
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened fine shredded coconut
- When the cupcakes are completely cool, spread a flat, even layer of chocolate frosting on top. Dip each cupcake into the chocolate cookie crumbs and completely cover the icing. Set aside. Line 2 baking cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place 1/3 of the white candy melts into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave, in 30- second intervals, until completely melted. Pour the mixture into a piping bag, fitted with a small plain tip (tip size #2), and pipe the candy onto a prepared cookie sheet, creating small bunny feet (1"L x 1/2"W). You'll need 24 feet total, 2 per cupcake. Let the feet cool completely.
- Place about 3–4 tablespoons of the melted candy back into the microwave-safe bowl and reheat until completely melted. Add the red food coloring, a little bit at a time, until it forms a pale pink color. Place the colored mixture into a different piping bag, fitted with a small plain tip (tip size #2), and pipe toes and pads on each bunny foot. Let them cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cut a small sliver off each donut hole, so they rest flat on top of each cupcake. Place the shredded coconut into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Microwave the remainder of the candy melts, in 30-second intervals, until completely melted. Dip each donut hole and mini marshmallow into the melted candy and then into the shredded coconut. Use your fingers to adhere the coconut and set them on the other prepared cookie sheet to cool completely.
- To assemble the cupcakes, re-melt the leftover candy (if necessary), and dip just a little of a coated mini marshmallow in it. Place it on the rounded part of the coated donut hole, lightly pressing it. Then, dip just a little of the flat part of the donut hole in the candy and place it on top the cupcake, lightly pressing it. Repeat.
- Use the remainder of the melted candy to attach the feet to the body of the bunny. Let the cupcakes set for a few minutes before serving.