Baked Tomato and Cucuzza Squash
- 2 cucuzza squash (or large zucchini squash), sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a small skillet over medium heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium-size casserole or baker, place half of the squash on the bottom of the dish and top with half of the tomato slices. Evenly spread the onion and garlic on top of the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Make a layer with the remaining squash and tomatoes next, then sprinkle the Parmesan, breadcrumbs, thyme, and parsley on top, in that order. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender.