- 1/2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups finely diced onion
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced green pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5-oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 4 cups medium-diced potatoes
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned, skin removed, and meat shredded
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup baby lima beans
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp smoky-style barbecue sauce
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook the bacon in a large soup pot set over medium heat until browned. Add the garlic, onion, celery, and green pepper. Sauté the vegetables until softened.
- Add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, potatoes, chicken, corn, lima beans, Worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring the stew to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 30–35 minutes.
This recipe is prepared with the Le Creuset 7.25-Qt Oval French Oven with Grill Lid & Cookbook (K40244).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.