Warm Grilled Potato Salad
- 2 lbs. small fingerling potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat your outdoor BBQ grill for at least 10 minutes. The grill is hot enough when you can only hold your hand one inch above the grill grates for 2 to 3 seconds before you have to pull it away. Place your Technique® BBQ basket on the grill for a couple of minutes to preheat.
- While the BBQ is preheating, bring a medium saucepot of salted water to a boil. Boil the potatoes until they are starting to get tender to a knifepoint — about 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Toss the red onion and red pepper with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper, and add them to the BBQ basket. Grill for 5 minutes, tossing regularly, until the vegetables start to soften and brown. Add the blanched potatoes, asparagus, corn kernels, and bacon pieces, and grill for 8 to 10 minutes, continuing to toss occasionally. The bacon should be cooked through and the vegetables starting to brown nicely.
- While the vegetables are grilling, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- When all the vegetables are nicely browned and cooked through, toss them in a large bowl with the mayonnaise mixture, fresh herbs, and scallions. Serve warm. Serves 6.