Very Berry Chewy Granola Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 oz. butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Gourmet Nut Very Berry dried berry mix
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pecans, flax seed, and coconut on a large baking sheet. Toast in the oven for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so, being careful not to over-toast or brown.
- Combine the honey, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring.
- Combine the dry toasted ingredients, the honey mixture, and the dried berries in a large bowl and stir well so that everything is coated.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with wax paper and pour the mixture into the pan. Press the granola mixture down with another piece of wax paper until it is flat in the pan.
- Let the granola cool for a couple of hours. Then, remove the wax paper and cut into bars or squares. Wrap in plastic wrap (individually or in pairs) and store.