Summer Vegetable Tart with Sweet Potato Crust
- 1 sweet potato, ends trimmed, cut into 4" lengths
- 1 zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into 4" pieces
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 4" pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large egg, scrambled
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup small fresh mozzarella balls, cut in half
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Attach a vegetable sheet cutter attachment to a KitchenAid stand mixer. Insert the food holder into the center of one end of the sweet potato section, secure onto attachment. Insert a food skewer through sweet potato, up to the first mark. Attach the thick blade to the
attachment. Position the bowl under the blade to catch sweet potatoes. Turn the stand mixer to speed 2 and position blade against the sweet potato to process. Repeat with the remaining sweet potato.
- Begin sheet cutting the zucchini. Insert the food holder and zucchini/cucumber adapter in the center of both ends of zucchini section, aligning the red marks. Secure zucchini and food holder onto the attachment. Insert the food skewer through the zucchini/cucumber adapter and all the way through the zucchini. Attach the thick blade to the attachment. Position the bowl under the
blade to catch the zucchini. Turn the stand mixer to speed 2 and position the blade against the zucchini to process. Repeat with the
remaining zucchini and yellow squash sections.
- Set zucchini and yellow squash sheets aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Transfer sweet potato sheets to a cutting board and cut into 12" lengths. Brush the sheets with 1 tsp olive oil and lay on parchment, overlapping sheets by 1", creating an 8" x 12" rectangle. Bake 20 minutes.
- Cut the zucchini and yellow squash sheets into 6" pieces and then 3 strips longways. Set aside. Scramble the egg in a small bowl with 1 tsp water. Brush the baked sweet potato crust with egg wash and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with the zucchini and yellow squash, twisting decoratively. Arrange tomatoes and mozzarella balls over the tart. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Bake until cheese melts and vegetables begin to crisp, 10–12 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil and cut into squares. Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by KitchenAid.