Valentine's Day Cookies
- Change the cookie-cutter shape and these four-ingredient cookies are fit for any season—or holiday!
This recipe was prepared with the KitchenAid 5-Quart 325-Watt Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Flex Edge (K41660).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (16.5-oz) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Seedless raspberry jam
- Two heart-shaped cookie cutters (one slightly larger than the other)
- Move the oven racks to the lower levels of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour the chopped hazelnuts and flour into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Place the hazelnut mixture and cookie dough in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until evenly incorporated. Remove the paddle attachment and work the dough with your hands to form a disk.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough until it's 1/4" thick. Cut the dough with the larger heart-shape cookie cutter. Then, cut out the centers of half of the cookies with a smaller cookie cutter. Work the scraps back together, roll, and cut out more cookies. (Do not roll the scraps for a third time. The dough will be too brittle.)
- Carefully place the cookies onto the prepared cookie sheets, using a large spatula to transfer them. Bake for 10–11 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through the baking process. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.
- When the cookies are completely cool, spread a thin layer of jam on the bottom surface of the full cookie. Then, place the cut-out cookie on top and gently sandwich them together. Use a small spoon or piping bag to fill the cutouts with a little more jam.