Traditional Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 Tbs butter or margarine
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place butter in a two-quart Temp-tations baking dish and microwave for 15 to 20 seconds until melted. Shake dish from side to side to coat bottom and sides with the melted butter.
- Place the cornstarch and 3/4 of the cheddar cheese (reserving the rest to top the casserole later) into a large mixing bowl and toss until cheese is coated. Add remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir well.
- Pour mixture into the greased two-quart Temp-tations baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, uncover, and stir well. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and return to the oven, uncovered.
- Bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until cheese on top is very well browned. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.