Toasted Garlic Pita Wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large garlic bulbs, minced
- 6 pita breads, about 5'' diameter
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the oil and garlic on a sheet of aluminum foil and then fold up the sides to make a bowl. Place the package on a roasting pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until the garlic is soft.
- While the garlic is roasting, heat up your grill. Spread some oil on top of each pita with a brush then grill each pita for no more than a minute on each side. (Be careful of flare-ups due to the oil.)
- After all the pitas are roasted, sprinkle each with Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- After the garlic bulbs have cooled, cut about 1/4'' off the bulb-top, exposing the softened garlic on the inside. Squeeze the roasted garlic into a small mixing bowl. Spread the garlic onto the grilled pita and serve warm or at room temperature.