Teriyaki Hamburger Pizza
- Inspired by Flashbacks Fountain & Grill in Newport, OR, these personal-size pizzas contrast sweet & spicy flavors for a mouthwatering result.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 small red onion, very thickly sliced and brushed with oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3–4 (.33-lb) burgers
- 1 cup teriyaki glaze
- 5–6 canned pineapple rings
- 4 pieces naan bread
- 3–4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Green onion, sliced, for garnish
- Preheat the grill.
- Season the lightly oiled onion slices with salt and pepper, then grill them about 5 minutes on each side.
- Grill the burgers to your desired doneness, brushing occasionally with the teriyaki glaze. Grill the pineapple rings, just until a light char is achieved.
- Lower the grill heat.
- Chop the burgers and pineapple rings into bite-size pieces.
- Spread some of the teriyaki glaze on the naan pieces, then top each with cheddar cheese, grilled onion, burger, pineapple, and jalapeño.
- Place the pizzas on the grill and cover, just until the cheese has melted. Garnish with the green onion.