Sweet Tea Barbecue Pork Chops
Makes 6–7 Servings
- Grill up pork chops filled with flavor! They start with a marinade of sweet tea, jalapeño, lemon & fresh rosemary and get the perfect finishing touch from a peach & sweet tea barbecue sauce.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 6 (10-oz) bone-in pork chops or 7 (8-oz) boneless pork chops
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 qt sweet tea
Peach & Sweet Tea Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup sweet tea
- 3/4–1 cup fresh or frozen peaches
- To prepare the pork chops, place them in a baking dish, then add the onion, jalapeño, lemon, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, and sweet tea. Make sure the pork chops are completely covered with liquid and refrigerate overnight, up to 24 hours.
- To make the peach & sweet tea barbecue sauce, using a food processor, pulse the peaches and sweet tea together until almost puréed. It's okay to have little chunks remaining to add texture.
- Combine the peach and tea mixture with the barbecue sauce in a small saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When the pork chops are fully marinated and you're ready to cook them, remove them from the brine and pat dry.
- Preheat grill for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the peach & sweet tea barbecue sauce, portioning out half for basting the pork chops and the other half for serving.
- Place the pork chops on the preheated grill, cooking for 3–5 minutes on one side. Flip the pork chops and brush each one with the peach & sweet tea barbecue sauce. Continue cooking for several minutes. The pork chops should attain an internal temperature of at least 145°F.
- Serve the pork chops with the remaining peach & sweet tea barbecue sauce.