Sweet Potato Pie with Walnut-Streusel Topping
- We took a classic sweet potato pie recipe and added a sweet, crumbly, streusel topping. It's truly decadent when served with the maple glaze.
This recipe is prepared with the Temp-tations® Old World 24-Piece Oven-to-Table Set (K38331).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 9" frozen deep-dish pie crust
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a medium-size saucepan. Cover the potatoes with water and boil until tender, 10–15 minutes.
- Place sweet potatoes, brown sugar, maple syrup, evaporated milk, spices, and vanilla in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Add the egg and process until incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and place the pie on a cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, make the streusel topping. Combine the brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, and walnuts in a small bowl. Remove the pie from the oven after 20 minutes and add the crumbled topping. Bake the pie for another 20 minutes.
- Let the pie cool completely. Just before serving, make the glaze. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and then stir in the brown sugar until dissolved. Stir in the maple syrup. Serve the sauce warm, drizzled over slices of the pie.