Sweet Potato Latkes
- Switch up the type of potatoes for a slight twist on classic latkes.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 oz cranberry goat cheese
- 1.5 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1-1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1-1/2 Tbsp shallot, minced
- Canola oil, for frying
- Place the goat cheese in the freezer for 1 hour.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated sweet potatoes, eggs, flour, thyme, salt, pepper, and shallot.
- Heat 1/4" oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, drop 1/4 cup of the potato mixture into the skillet, flattening it to about 1/4"–1/2" thick. Cook 2–3 minutes per side until golden brown. Keep the cooked latkes warm in the oven on a baking rack.
- Remove the goat cheese from the freezer and crumble it into pieces.
- Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese over the latkes and serve.