Summer Stuffed Avocado
- Sunny days bring us a bounty of summer produce.
Those fresh ingredients add incredible flavor to this recipe!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Tortilla chips, for garnish and serving
- Vertically cut open the avocados into 4 halves, removing the pits.
- Scoop out the flesh out of each half into a mixing bowl and reserve the skins. Add the lime juice, garlic, salt, chili powder, and cayenne pepper to the mixing bowl, then mash with a fork or a potato masher to your desired consistency. Fold in the cilantro, red onion, black beans, tomatoes, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the reserved shells. Stick each avocado with a few tortilla chips for garnish and serve with remaining chips.