Summer Mocktail Pitcher
- Everyone can enjoy this refreshing blend of Italian & club sodas enlivened with fresh lime juice, strawberries & mint!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
Strawberry-Mint Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup prepared Strawberry-Mint Simple Syrup (see above)
- 1 pint strawberries, cleaned, hulled, and cut into quarters
- 1 bunch mint, leaves only
- 1 qt lemon-flavor Italian soda (or ginger ale)
- 1 (12-oz) can club soda
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- To make the simple syrup, bring the sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan and cook for 2–3 minutes, until sugar has dissolved.
- Put the strawberries and mint leaves in a prep bowl and pour the hot liquid over top. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place the simple syrup in the refrigerator until ready to use. Before using, strain the syrup to remove the strawberries and mint.
- To make the mocktail, combine all ingredients, except the garnishes, in a large pitcher and stir to combine.
- Serve the mocktails over ice, garnishing each glass with a lime wedge and a maraschino cherry.