Summer Garden Vegetable Soup
- This is a really versatile recipe. Don't be afraid to make this soup with your favorite vegetables or those you have on hand. Four cups of peeled, seeded, and chopped fresh tomatoes can be used in place of canned crushed tomatoes. But, you can also substitute frozen veggies if you don't have enough fresh. To make it a little more hearty, try adding two cups of cooked macaroni or rice right before serving.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups (total) of your favorite in-season vegetables such as green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, red bell peppers, beans, potatoes, and corn, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (15-oz) cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp fresh herbs like basil, oregano, and/or parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional garnish)
- In a 5-qt (or larger) pressure cooker, add the oil and heat on high. Sauté the onions, celery, carrots, and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the fresh herbs and cheese, and stir.
- Securely latch the pressure cooker lid, set the cooker to high, and cook for 5-7 minutes. Release the pressure. Safely remove the vessel lid and check the veggies for doneness with a fork. Top with fresh herbs and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, if desired.