Summer Fruit Wedges
- Pack these treats into a cooler & enjoy their fruity flavor at the beach.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 8 limes
- 2 (3-oz) boxes watermelon or strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds or 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cut the limes in half lengthwise and carefully loosen the flesh from the peel with a paring knife, cutting around the edge and bottom of the flesh but not through the peel. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the flesh, leaving a hollow peel.
- Take the hollow peels and place them cut-side up in the indentations of a muffin pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the gelatin with the boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Fill each of the hollow limes with the prepared gelatin and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- When the gelatin is set, remove the filled limes from the muffin pan and cut each in half lengthwise, creating a small wedge. Place about 3–4 sesame seeds or 2–3 chocolate chips on each side of the wedge so they look like watermelon seeds. Serve cold.