Strawberry Sorbet Champagne Float
- Glasses will clink & champagne you'll drink! Put a fruity hint in every flute with my make-ahead homemade sorbet.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 lbs strawberries, tops removed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fruit juice (berry, white grape, apple, etc.)
- 1 bottle champagne or sparkling wine
- Fresh mint sprigs (optional, garnish)
- Strawberry slices (optional, garnish)
- Place all of the ingredients, except champagne and garnish, into a saucepot, and simmer on low until berries soften. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Once cool, transfer the mixture into a blender, and purée until smooth. Remove the seeds in a strainer. Pour puréed sorbet base into ice cube trays, and freeze until ready to use.
- To assemble the floats, pour champagne or sparkling wine into flutes, filling approximately 3/4 of the way full. Remove the sorbet cubes from the freezer, and purée in a blender until smooth. Add a small amount of juice, if necessary, to blend. Scoop into prepared flutes and garnish with strawberry slices and fresh mint (if desired).