Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwich
- Inspired by the Wafels & Dinges food truck, this ice cream sandwich is made with 2 delicious waffles.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, divided
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 Tbsp, coconut oil, divided
- 3/4 cup white chocolate
- Preheat an electric waffle maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the baking mix and sugar. Stir in the milk and vanilla extract. Use this batter to make 2 waffles according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Let the waffles cool, then break them apart into 8 triangles. Separate into 2 groups of 4. For 1 group of 4, spread 1/2 cup ice cream over each triangle. Top each with 1 of the remaining 4 triangles to make a sandwich. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler, melt the semi-sweet chocolate with 1/4 cup coconut oil. In another double boiler, melt the white chocolate with 1 Tbsp coconut oil.
- When the waffles are frozen, spoon the semi-sweet chocolate over the entirety of each sandwich, one at a time, and put them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted white chocolate back and forth across the semi-sweet chocolate. Return to the freezer for another 30 minutes before eating.