Strawberry Poke Cake
- This easy-to-assemble dessert will be a hit with strawberry lovers everywhere.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 box pound cake mix (plus the ingredients on the box)
- 1 (3-oz) box strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
Frosting and Garnish:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups, plus extra for garnish, fresh strawberries, finely diced
- To prepare the cake, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13" x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Make the pound cake according to the box directions, and pour it into the prepared baking pan. Bake in the oven until the cake is set and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 15–20 minutes on a baking rack.
- With the tines of a fork, poke holes across the entire cake, poking only 1/2 to 3/4 through the cake.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the strawberry gelatin and boiling water until dissolved. Add the cold water and mix to combine.
- Carefully and evenly pour the gelatin mixture all over the poked cake. Cover and refrigerate for 1–2 hours.
- To prepare the frosting and garnish, whisk the cream cheese for 2 minutes using a mixer with a whisk attachment. Add the heavy cream and mix until soft peaks are formed. Put in the vanilla and confectioners' sugar, then continue to whisk until stiff peaks are formed (about 30 seconds). Gently fold in the diced strawberries.
- Spread the frosting all over the cake and serve. Garnish with more strawberries, if desired.