Steelhead Trout with Lemon-Pecan Buttered Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 5-oz steelhead trout fillets
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a skillet over low to medium-low heat. Add butter and let it melt. Once melted, add the lemon zest, pecans, breadcrumbs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring or shaking the skillet often, for about 6 minutes or until the breadcrumbs just start to toast a little. Remove the crumbs from the heat and let them cool slightly.
- Place the fish fillets on a nonstick baking sheet and season them with salt and pepper. Brush the fish lightly with the Dijon mustard and then press the breadcrumb mixture onto the fillets.
- Transfer the fish to the oven and bake for 6—8 minutes or until the fish is firm to the touch and the breadcrumbs are lightly browned. Serves 2.