Spicy Egg Fettuccine with Honey Smoked King Salmon & Chives
- 12 oz dried egg fettuccine
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red-hot chili pepper, sliced into small rounds
- 8 oz honey smoked king salmon
- 3 Tbsp fresh chives, sliced in 1'' long pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and sauté the chili pepper for a couple of minutes.
- Drain pasta (reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water) and transfer pasta to the skillet with the hot chili pepper. Add the honey smoked king salmon and chives and toss the pasta around.
- If desired, add the cream and return the skillet to the heat for about a minute. If you need to loosen the pasta sauce, add a little of the reserved pasta water.
- Season to taste with salt and serve each portion with a wedge of lime to squeeze over the top. Serves 4.