Spiced Apple & Pear Breakfast Panini
- Liven up your breakfast routine—and say good morning to autumn—with this simple sandwich. Thanks to the apples, pears, cinnamon, and nutmeg, it's sure add some spice to your day!
This recipe is prepared with the T-Fal Opti Grill Stainless Steel Nonstick Smart Grill (K42781).
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 slices Texas toast bread
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ripe pear peeled, cored, and finely sliced
- 1 apple peeled, cored, and finely sliced
- Confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- To prepare the filling, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a medium-size bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Place the mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate until serving.
- To prepare the paninis, preheat a panini press or grill pan over medium heat. On a flat work space, lay out all the bread slices on a plastic wrap-lined surface. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over all the slices. Arrange the sliced apples and pears over half of the slices and cover with the remaining pieces to create a sandwich.
- Butter the outsides of the sandwiches and place them, in batches, on the panini maker or grill pan for 4–6 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown. Remove the sandwiches from the heat and dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.