- Wrap up coleslaw, barbecue sauce & pickles into your typical stromboli & enjoy a zesty new variety.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 12 oz premade pizza dough, divided in half
- 2 cups yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups fried or rotisserie chicken, shredded and chopped
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 cups premade coleslaw, drained of excess juices
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, small dice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a floured work surface, roll out both of the dough halves into a rectangle about 12" long and 7" wide.
- Place 1 cup cheddar cheese in the middle of each half, leaving about an inch uncovered
around the sides of the dough.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the chicken and the barbecue sauce. Divide the mixture between the dough halves and on top of the cheddar cheese. Do the same division with the coleslaw and pickles.
- Fold in the short sides of the dough. Fold the bottom of the dough over the filling and sides. Roll everything to meet the other side of the dough, forming a burrito-like shape. Using wet fingers, pinch all of the seams together until they're completely sealed.
- Place each stromboli, seam-side down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until browned.