- 6 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- To prepare the cookies, start by preheating the oven to 375°F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the egg and the sour cream and mix until combined, about 1 more minute. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix just until combined. The dough will be wet, not like typical cookie dough.
- Using a 1 to 2 Tbsp cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto greased or lined baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven until brown around the edges, 7–9 minutes for smaller cookies or 9–11 minutes for larger cookies. Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet before removing.
- To prepare the glaze and finish the cookies, combine the powdered sugar and sour cream. Dip the tops of the cookies in the glaze, or spread the glaze on top of the cooled cookies.
Recipe provided by Quacker Factory.