Smoked Chicken with Broccoli in Creamy Pasta Sauce
- 8 oz fusilli pasta
- Salt (for pasta water)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3-4 oz Fontina cheese, shredded or cut into small pieces
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 2 cups smoked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1-2 tsp butter, melted
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat and then add the flour. Cook and stir until the mixture is well-blended and bubbly. Gradually stir in the chicken broth and cream followed by the cheese. Cook and stir until melted and smooth. Add the pepper, to taste, along with the parsley. Cook and stir until thickened. Add the chicken and vegetables and cook for another minute.
- Combine the sauce with the cooked and drained pasta and pour into a 2-qt casserole. Toss breadcrumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole. Bake for about 25 minutes, until bubbly and brown. Serves four to six.
Note: if using the Masterbuilt smoker, cook for 1 hour.