Slow Cooker Meatball Sub Casserole
- Set it & forget it! This back-to-school supper is easy to make & perfect for the entire family.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 5 cups marinara sauce
- 2 lbs David's Brisket Meatballs or store-bought variety, fully cooked
- 1 (16-oz) pkg frozen garlic Texas toast, baked according to instructions and cut into 1–2" cubes
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- Combine the marinara sauce and meatballs in a stockpot. Bring to a gentle simmer, then remove from the heat.
- In a slow cooker, layer the following ingredients from bottom to top in this order: prepared garlic bread (still warm), cubed fresh mozzarella, meatballs and sauce (still warm), shredded mozzarella, and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan.
- Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook on high for about 1.5–2 hours until the mixture is bubbling and the cheese is completely melted. Sprinkle with the basil and remaining Parmesan.