- 1 Tbsp, plus 1/4 cup Spanish olive oil
- 1 lb chorizo, sliced on the diagonal into 1/2" slices
- 1-1/2 cups onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1-1/2 lbs raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp Spanish paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp parsley leaves, minced
- Crusty bread, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and sauté the sliced chorizo until it begins to brown around the edges, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are caramelized around the edges and softened somewhat, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup of the sherry and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp, paprika, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of sherry and 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, and remainder of salt and pepper; stir to combine and remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately, on small plates with any accumulated cooking juices spooned over the top. Pass the bread at the table.
Recipe provided by Stacey Stauffer.