Santa Fe Rice & Bean Salad
- Enjoy rice & beans over greens! This winning combination has a nice flair of flavor.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 ears corn on the cob
- 1/3 cup red onion, small dice
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 Tbsp jalapeño, seeded and small dice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups mild chunky salsa
- 1 (1-oz) pkg ranch dressing mix
- Salad greens, for serving
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Lightly spray the corn with cooking spray or brush it with olive oil. Grill the corn on all sides, about 3–5 minutes per side, until grill marks are made. Remove the corn from the grill and let it cool.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, carefully cut the kernels off the cob. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, soak the red onion in cold water for 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water, then strain. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the corn, onion, rice, beans, red pepper, jalapeño, and cilantro. Stir to combine. Put in the salsa and ranch dressing mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve over your favorite salad greens.