Salt & Pepper Drop Biscuits
- Salt & pepper do more than just season–they're really the centerpiece of this biscuit recipe!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground pepper
- 8 Tbsp butter, frozen
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp butter, melted and warm
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
Salt and Pepper Honey Butter:
- .5 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- To start preparing the biscuits, preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Using a box grater, grate the frozen butter directly into the flour mixture. Toss to coat.
- Add the buttermilk and heavy cream to the flour mixture, then stir to combine, forming a moist, shaggy dough.
- Spray a 1/4 dry measuring cup with nonstick spray. Scoop the biscuit dough onto the lined baking sheet, leaving about 1" between each biscuit.
- Stir the honey into the warm, melted butter. Brush or drizzle over each biscuit. Sprinkle the biscuits with sea salt.
- To prepare the salt and pepper honey butter, stir all of the ingredients together until well combined.
- To bake and serve, place the biscuits on the center rack of the oven. Bake until golden on top and bottom, about 15–20 minutes. Adjust the time as needed.
- Remove from the oven and allow the biscuits to cool for a few minutes. Serve warm with the salt and pepper honey butter.