Roasted Lemon & Sage Potatoes
- These flavorful potatoes complement your Thanksgiving turkey & many other mouthwatering entrées.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 4 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 6 pieces each
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 onion, sliced and sautéed to golden brown
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 15–20 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut in half and then into slices
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the cut potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Add the lemon juice and bring to a boil. Cook for about 6 minutes until a knife can just pass through a piece of potato. Do not overcook at this stage. Remove the pot from the heat and drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the cooked potatoes, onions, olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, and sage leaves. Toss together gently.
- Place the potato mixture into an oven-safe casserole dish. Place the lemon slices in with the potatoes distributing evenly.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the Parmesan and lemon zest. Sprinkle evenly overtop the potatoes.
- Put the casserole dish in the oven and bake 45 minutes, until the potatoes are nicely brown and cooked through. Keep warm until ready to serve.