Pumpkin S'mores Pie
- When s'mores & pumpkin pie collide, you get a tasty twist on a classic Thanksgiving dessert.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
Filling and Crust:
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin purée
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6-oz store-bought graham cracker pie crust
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch cream of tartar
- 1 cup marshmallow crème
- To prepare the filling and crust, start by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the pumpkin purée, eggs, heavy cream, milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake 40–50 minutes, making sure the center of the pie still jiggles a little bit. Let the pie cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To prepare the ganache, combine the heavy cream and chocolate in a small sauce pot. Heat on medium heat, stirring constantly until they have combined into a silky smooth chocolate. Pour over the cooled pie and spread almost to the edges, leaving just a little of the pie showing.
- To prepare the marshmallow topping, put the egg whites and cream of tartar into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a wire whip attachment. Start on low speed and slowly increase to the highest speed, whipping until stiff white peaks form. Add the marshmallow cream and mix until incorporated.
- To finish the pie, spoon the marshmallow topping on top. Use a crème brûlée torch, if you have one, to toast the marshmallow topping. If not, broil the pie in the oven until it looks like a toasted a marshmallow.