Potato Chip-Crusted Chicken Sandwich
- You can't pass up these crunchy chicken fingers! Nestle them between a brioche bun & you have a crowd-pleasing meal in a flash.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups crushed potato chips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4-6 brioche buns
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, and cheddar cheese slices, for assembly
- 2 tsp chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- To prepare the sandwich, start by preheating the oven to 400°F.
- Set up 3 shallow pans or mixing bowls for your breading station. One for the flour, salt, and pepper; the next for the egg and buttermilk; the last for the potato chips.
- Toss the chicken strips in the flour mixture, 1-2 at a time. Shake off the excess back into the pan or mixing bowl. Dip the strips into the buttermilk mixture, removing them using your other hand. Place the strips in the crushed potato chips and press the chips onto the chicken. Shake off the excess and place the coated strips on a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- To prepare the sauce, combine the chipotle and ranch dressing in a mixing bowl.
- To assemble the entire dish, place a few strips of the baked chicken on a bun with some lettuce, tomato, onion, plus a slice of cheese. Top with the chipotle-ranch sauce and serve.