Pork & Ricotta Meatballs
- It's all in the mix! Try a different type of meatball for a savory surprise.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1.5 lbs ground pork
- .5 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Marinara sauce, if desired
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all of the ingredients until just combined. Do not overwork.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Remove it from the refrigerator and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Using a large scoop, a digital scale, or your hands, roll the mixture into 1.5" balls (about 2.5 to 3 oz) and place them in rows on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Meatballs can be just barely touching in the rows.
- Once all balls have been rolled, place them in the oven and cook about 20–30 minutes until golden brown and with an internal temperature of 155°F. Serve.
- For a more traditional approach, add the meatballs to a saucepot of simmering marinara sauce, cook for an additional 15–20 minutes, and serve.