- After a sunny day at the beach, this fun hot dog recipe is just what you need.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 5 bacon slices
- 5 jumbo hot dogs
- 1 (11-oz) can pork and beans
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 5 pocket-less pita
- 1-2/3 cups yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup red onion, small dice
- 1-1/4 cups sliced pepperoncini
- 10 kosher dill pickle sandwich slices
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Wrap a bacon slice around each of the hot dogs. Place the wrapped
hot dogs on the grill. Cook, turning every few minutes, until the bacon starts to get crispy and the hot dog is heated through, about 20 minutes.
- While they're cooking, place the pork and beans, mustard, and ketchup into the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Lay the pitas on a work surface and divide the pork and bean purée between each, smearing it over the pita while leaving a .5" border. Top each pita with 1/3 cup cheddar cheese.
- Place the pita, cheese-side up, on the grill next to the hot dogs. Heat until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the pita from the grill and divide the onion and pepperoncini between each. Place 2 pickle slices on top, followed by the cooked hot dog. Serve warm.