Pepperoni Pizza Strata
- There's no need to grab a slice when you can have an entire pizza casserole!
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup green peppers, medium dice
- 1 cup onions, medium dice
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 (15-oz) can pizza sauce, divided
- 1 (4-oz) bag mini sliced pepperoni or 1-1/4 cups pepperoni, small dice
- 10 cups Italian bread, cubed
- 2 cups mozzarella, grated and divided
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic, then let the vegetables cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, heavy cream, milk, oregano, salt, pepper, Parmesan, half of the pizza sauce, and sautéed vegetables. Fold in the pepperoni, cubed bread, and 1 cup mozzarella. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2-qt baking dish. Dollop the top with the remaining pizza sauce, followed by the leftover mozzarella.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.