Pecan Pumpkin Pancakes
- Mornings just got a little brighter! Whip up these pumpkin pancakes for a flavorful fall breakfast.
Go to David's Recipe Item Page for the full list of items that David has used in his recipes.
- 1-1/2 cups maple syrup
- 1 tsp bourbon
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted, plus more for serving
- To prepare the maple-bourbon syrup, heat the maple syrup and bourbon in a small saucepan until just warmed. Set aside.
- To prepare and serve the pancakes, mix together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, salt, and 1/2 cup pecans in a medium mixing bowl.
- In another medium mixing bowl, stir together the pumpkin, milk, egg, and butter. Gently add these wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle to medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup pancake batter on the skillet. Flip the pancake when it starts to bubble around the edges and is golden brown, about 2–3 minutes per side. Repeat until all of the pancakes are cooked.
- Serve the pancakes with butter, the reserved pecans, and the maple-bourbon syrup.